Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rabbit Rabbit

Since today is the first day of the month the first thing I said this morning was "rabbit-rabbit" in order to ensure I'll have good luck.

Kinda crazy, I know, but according to the research I've done (which means I looked it up on Wikipedia) this is a common superstition that's been around for centuries.

I've been doing this for a long, long time, but I have no idea when or why I began it. And, even though I don't believe anything as silly as saying rabbit-rabbit could possibly have any influence upon my fate, I feel a bit dreadful when I forget.

To help me remember, B.B. gave me these two rabbits as a gift a couple of years ago. On the last night of each month I put them on our bedside tables so they'll be the first thing we see in the morning. This helps remind BB not to talk to me or ask me a question. I really hate it when the first thing I say on rabbit-rabbit day is something like "Look in your sock drawer," or "I had the stangest dream..."

No comments: