Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Favorite Photo: A Pair of Pears

I took this photo with my beloved Canon film camera on the kitchen table of my house in Kalamazoo in 2001.

I liked the way the light was coming in through the window and posed these pears to take advantage of it. I took several shots, but this was the best and turned out to be one of my all time favorite photos. I love the way the pears are delicately touching each other with their stems - as if they're a loving couple.

This is one of my favorite photos because it's so sensual and sweet, but also because it reminds of my old house, my kitchen, and that time in my life. It seems like so long ago... but seems like yesterday, too.

1 comment:

G said...

That's a beautiful photograph, and you're right - they bring to mind a loving couple. The light is wonderful, like an old painting. I'm reminded me to post about pears in general. :)