Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Identical cousins

BB and I were talking about something yesterday that made the theme song of The Patty Duke show pop into my head...

"Here's Cathy who's lived most everywhere from Zanzibar to Barkley Square..."

But BB, being seven years younger than me, had never heard the song. She had no clue about the cousins who were "two of a kind." So, of course I had to Google it.



The Patty Duke Show ran from 1963 to 1966, years during which I was a pre-teen. (Whereas BB was still a toddler.) I hadn't thought about this show in years, but it was fun to be reminded of it.

I loved this show when I was a kid. I Loved the concept of cousins who looked exactly alike, and I was intrigued by the fact of one actress playing two roles. That wacky Patty was always getting into some kind of mess. But Cathy was so cultured and proper. And I wanted to be a little of both of them.

1 comment:

karen said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane....this was one of the shows I grew up with...and I often wonder what ever happened to Patty Duke...think google will be my next stop. The Nabisco name trademark seems stuck in my head even today. I can still hear it Na-bis-co. I also remember that there were maybe 3 commercials tops for the shows back then. Right at the start and then 15 minutes in and another at the ending. Wish we could get back to that....I might start watching TV again. I have a strong dislike at being force feed commercials.