Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another fool for Facebook


As much as I hate to admit it, it's true: I finally gave in and signed up on Facebook yesterday. And I can't even come up with a good reason why. I guess I'm just a lemming. A follower. A lonely kid on the playground who doesn't want to be left out of the game. Pitiful.


Up until now I've hated Facebook, especially because of the way BB has gotten so hooked on it recently. I resent the time she spends there. And I hate it because it seems so pointless. It's not like Flickr where you actually create something and give & get meaningful feedback. Or like a blog where you have to write in a way that your potential readers might find informative, entertaining, or insightful. In contrast Facebook has always seemed kind of juvenile and inane to me. But then BB started telling me all about people I knew who were on it and, damn! My curiosity got the better of me. So I signed up, but I'm still not really a convert. There's only so much time a gal can spend goofing around online & I'd rather spend that time here or on Flickr.

3 comments:

Reya Mellicker said...

I LOVE FB. Will you "friend" me?

Sally Belle said...

I went on Facebook to find old friends. It's been 4 months and I can't believe how many people I've reconnected with!

It's been great since I don't really have many new friends...and my kids have grown up and deserted me.

BB said...

It's good to know you are open to trying new things! Now that you've been sucked in I will have to schedule more dates to see you in person.