Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Visitor

It's cold and snowing again, several inches expected, but I don't mind since there's so much inside to keep me occupied. I watched the movie "The Visitor" last night and really enjoyed it. Richard Jenkins (the actor who played the father on Six Feet Under) plays an isolated college professor who's life is changed when he discovers a pair of illegal immigrants living in his seldom used NYC apartment. His performance is brilliant and the story is fascinating - I was completely engrossed and sorry when the movie was over. It's a movie with something to say, but doesn't hit you over the head with its message. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Reya Mellicker said...

Snow ... I've given up on a real snowfall in DC this winter. We went all the way through last winter without any accumulation either.

Glad to hear you're not sick of it yet, and yes, a good snow is an excellent excuse to sit inside and watch a movie.

Sally Belle said...

The Visitor...one of the best films of the year. Tom McCarthy directed this and The Station Agent, another great character driven film! Have you seen it?