Monday, July 27, 2009

Our last weekend on the island

During our last weekend before the big move, me and BB managed to have a little bit of summer fun. On Friday we went to Detroit for dinner at Mario's and a Tiger baseball game. Before dinner we strolled through this neighborhood garden in the city:


I'm usually incredibly bored by sports, so I wasn't really looking forward to the baseball game, but the weather was ideal, the Tigers won, and we had a good time. We sat in front of the big scoreboard - this picture was taken by turning around in my seat and looking up:


On Saturday I went out shooting for a few hours. I took some new abstracts...

some new shots of industrial decay...
and some Downriver landscapes.

On Sunday we took a long walk, which included going over the bridge.
We walked to Elizabeth Park for the "Roar on the River" - an annual event. We watched some boat races and feasted on corndogs, fries & lemonaide. Here's a video of one of the races:


video


On the way home we saw this thistle.

Next weekend we'll be moving. And then there will be all the fun of cleaning, unpacking, organizing, adjusting, etc...




No comments: