Thursday, July 30, 2009

Escape

I hate moving for many reasons, but mostly I hate the time it takes. I hate the huge disruption in my life. And I hate it even more so in this case because I have misgivings about the house we're moving into, and worry about the ways in which it will change our lives.

In the meantime I've become addicted to watching the second season of Mad Men on AMC. I've been watching it on our cable On Demand feature, sometimes two or three episodes a day, like a glutton. I watch it while packing, and then again as a reward for packing, and then sometimes again in the middle of the night when I can't sleep because I'm so anxious about the move.

I think it's one of the best series that's been on TV in a long time. And I feel lucky I have it to distract me. It's got everything: interesting, complex characters; an engaging story; great visual appeal; wonderful period details; and great writing.

2 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

"I watch it while packing, and then again as a reward for packing..." This is cute! :^)

It looks really good. Why haven't I heard about this. Thanks for the recommendation!

Hermit on the Hill said...

Dorothy LOVES that show too!