Thursday, August 27, 2009

A few firsts

So far I like our new house and our new neighborhood quite a bit - much more than I expected I would. I'm amazed at how fast it's come to seem like home. But we've been so busy I've hardly had time to appreciate it, and there's still a LOT of settling in to do.

Here's a photo of the first bouquet from our new garden - roses and obedient plant.

And another first - for me anyway - is the fact that our holly bush is blooming. I know nothing about holly and was surprised to see these delicate little blossoms in our front yard yesterday:


Also yesterday, I made my first trip to Trader Joes. It's a great place, with great food, but $17 seemed like a lot to pay for just a loaf of bread, milk, jam, tomatoes, and muffins.

But the best "first" since we've moved was my first trip to the neighborhood pool with Ben!

No comments: