Monday, March 21, 2011

The Super Moon


I took this photo of the "Super Moon" in Kalamazoo. It was taken from the steps of East Hall, the oldest building of Western Michigan University, which is perched high on a hill overlooking the city.

I'd come prepared with my tripod and telephoto lens, but would not have gotten such a good shot without the kindness of a fellow photographer. All my shots were coming out blurry until he told me to use my self-timer. It made such a difference! Duh.

I just happened to be in Kalamazoo visiting my grandchildren on the night of the Super Moon - the largest moon in nearly 20 years. And what fun! A small group of people gathered at the top of the hill, including a drumming circle. It was quite festive. A wonderful way to welcome Spring!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Many of my friends have posted "Super Moon" photos. Yours is the only photo that shows just how Super it was! Great Photo Hilary!

Unknown said...

not "Joe", Tina ;-)

Hilarywho said...

Thanks Joe, um... Tina.

MaLu said...

Great photo Hilary! I didn't get to see this amazing sight. :( This weekend it was cloudy in Chicago at night.

nancy neva gagliano said...

FANTASTIC shot!! happy spring under la grande luna

G'G'ma said...

What a great photo!! It was too cloudy to see it here.

Unknown said...

Of all the photos posted on TV channels, your BEAUTIUL photo surpasses all! Great idea to
photograph from East Hall hill!